– Helps you keep your balance on long, flat walks.
– A walking stick takes pressure off of your legs, and distributes it to your upper-body.
– Gives stability on steep downward descents.
– They’re perfect for help slogging through muddy waters or crossing brisk streams.
– Perfect for turning over rocks, or beating the bush, to make sure there’s not a nasty critter (like a snake!) waiting to get you!
– Great for clearing spider webs and other debris that may get in your way.
– With a tarp, can be used as a makeshift shelter.
– Can be used to get your backpack up off of the ground and away from hungry pests.
– Suitable for poking at hot coals.
– A walking stick works as a line of protection between you and the teeth of any wild animal you encounter.
– It also works as a great fishing pole in a bind with your fishing hooks and line in your survival kit.
– The list goes on … and on … and on …